My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Loop!

When I decided to homeschool, my friend Ann gave me a couple of quick recommendations...the first thing she said was to get plugged into the Tallahassee Christian Homeschoolers Forum.   I had no idea what that was but she got me signed up and I LOVE IT!  It is a basic google forum group.  The people that are in the group can send out mass posts to everyone else and then you can reply, etc.  I get anywhere from 10-30 emails a day.......Some I erase right away, some I browse, and some I use....basic rules of the group are I believe .....you have to be a homeschooler or involved in home education in some way and you are not allowed to post any vulgarity or unkindness...and there is some heated debate over certain subjects but I've never noticed it getting ugly.  Topics range from co-op meetings to "what kind of snake is this in my backyard", to the sales at Publix, to curriculum choices, to how to make your own laundry detergent, to baking bread, to field trips, to extra-curricular activities, to free movie days, to politics, to religious freedoms, to vacation opportunities, and on and on.  I have never been a part of a more diverse, frugal, knowledgeable, entertaining, inquisitive group of women.......It is truly amazing.  I can't tell you how impressed I am by the homeschooling moms that I have met, talked to, emailed, listened to.  Homeschooling moms will find out the answer to a question if they don't know...believe me!  I love the curiosity and exchange of knowledge that takes place between this group of people.  So far I have sold two box springs, girls clothes, and old TV, and baby stuff through the loop, given advice on getting a Tilt Table Test done, joined a Vegetable Co-OP via the loop, bought organic sugar and honey granules to bake with through a lady on the loop, found a blueberry picking farm to take the kids to, have many fun and educational field trips in mind due to recomendations, have visited a chicken farm and recently bought 2 organic chickens from "loop" members, been to a used book sale, attended a curriculum symposium, have mentally planned a vacation to Virginia to study American History after getting an awesome email about vacation spots in Williamsburg, etc., have received numerous curriculum helps, and have signed Emily and I up for a sewing class .....all from info I received through the loop! And it is amazing to also hear of the wonderful service these ladies do to help others....One family has literally gotten two homeless sisters off the streets and now have helped them get jobs, a car, and a place to live.  I am truly blessed by being a part of the loop and am super glad that I am in the "loop" so that I get to hear about so many new and amazing opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment