My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, September 3, 2010

Sweet Kids

My kids were so sweet today....

John Daniel filled his marble jar after 2-3 months of EXTRA chores...this isn't pick up your laundry, clean your room kind of chores, its wash the baseboards, scrub the toilet, wash the back porch down, clean ceiling fans, etc...what I consider extra..money earning kind of chores for this time in their life...

Once they fill the jar, they choose a reward (pay day..I call it)..They pick between 3 choices.  He chose to go on a date with Mommy of his choice.  Emily talked him into the Melting Pot...she knows he loves chocolate and she has been before with her Daddy.  It took us FOREVER to get a free night to go...my parents graciously kept the girls so that I could take J.D. on his date.  He really had no idea what the Melting Pot was but was super excited.  Emily told him today that she was going to be his stylist...for about 30 minutes before we left she "fixed" him up. He got a shower, she picked out his clothes, she helped him put lotion and cologne on, he brushed his teeth, she got his belt and his shoes out....he was so cute!  He was one proud boy! 

We dropped the girls off and went to get dessert.  John Daniel ordered Cookies and Cream Chocolate Fondue which was dark chocolate with marshmallows and Oreo cookies in it.  When the waiter brought out the dipping tray John Daniel said, "Oh my goodness!"  He had to know all about the stove and the controls under the table and how it all works...such a boy!  He loved it and I do believe he over ate...I had to stop him.  He kept wanting more dippers.  My parents took the girls to chick-fil-a for ice cream.  Everyone had a great night....John Daniel came in my bedroom when we got home and said, "Mommy, I loved our date!.".....melted my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment