My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two highlights from today

I hate paper...I can't stand stacks all around the house...it bothers me and it makes me itch.  My most amazing husband has come up with a plan to keep all the paper at a minimum....obviously there has to be some way to keep, file, have all the documents, notes, pamphlets, etc for homeschooling...every meeting I go to, I come away with a spiral notebook full of scratched out notes...not to mention the oodles and oodles of emails I have saved from the two or three homeschool groups I am in about curriculum, helps, field trips, subjects, etc.  So the process has begun to file it all on a tiny little flash drive that fits in both computers we have!  The flash drive will have file folders on it all labeled and organized.  If the computers crash, the flash drive still exists! When I go to another meeting...instead of taking a pen or pencil......I can take the little laptop I have, plug in my flash drive and type up what I want in the proper folder.  Now to just get everything transferred into folders to save on the flash drive!  I can also scan documents and put them on the flash drive!  No more carrying around 4 or 5 different spiral notebooks with notes and saving a hundred emails! When I get an email I want to save..simply copy it, label it, file it in the correct folder and viola! Yay for technology on this one!  It will be a process though for sure!

Maybe the most important highlight was the grace that I showed to my child today.  I won't go into the details but this person of mention was wrong and usually would have been punished BUT I realized before I spoke or yelled....it was a chance to show love, grace, and teach this person that yes, he/she was wrong but I understood the reasoning behind it and I was there with loving arms saying I love you and it is O.K.  It also let me hug on he/she and explain something from my own childhood that makes me just like he/she....which I know this person appreciated!  It was the right thing to do and so unlike me....my usual reaction would have been to yell, get impatient, and punish....thank you God for tugging at my heart before those words came out of my mouth!  His way is always better!

No comments:

Post a Comment