My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The what not...

These are just things going on in my brain about life in our house right now....

One of the women from my Bible Study showed up at church with her son last Wednesday night....truly one of the highlights of my year! 

I'm on an organizational rampage...I have the rest of our summer planned out with play dates, field trips, school shopping, and date nights.  I have decided that will will finish up the school year bits and pieces, shop and get ready for the new school year, start our new co-op on August 22nd, and then start regular school right after labor day!  There are a few odds and ends that I want to finish up from this year so this will give us enough time to do so.

My next goal is to get a daily schedule in writing made up for us.  I have bought a curriculum for little Molly called Before Five in a Row that will hopefully engage her.  It is focused on 2-4 year olds and the premise is you read one book on the first day...and then it has activities that reinforce the book over the next 4 days.  Some of them are very easy like talking and doing a finger play about the book...they are good preschool age books...I will do it during preschool time with Molly while the other kids are reading alone.  We are also going to have "Circle Time" which is basically like "Table Time" but with preschoolers, "Circle Time will work best"...we will talk about geography, memorize our scripture from our co-op, discuss the weather, hopefully some current events both local and nationally, prayer requests, talk about problems that we are having and solutions, maybe read some of our Peacekeepers book, art appreciation, and discuss the days activities and schedule....I'm still gathering ideas for this.  I also have the idea of a school box for Molly....or a busy bag (I've heard it called both).  I'm thinking a M,W,F box and a T, Th box or something like that....the kids will get the box off the shelf and can help her with anything in it...my plan is to do this during Math and take turns with the big kids while the other one does the box with Molly....It will have number and letter cards, shape puzzles, color books, play dough, manipulative's, books, musical instruments, etc.  This will hopefully keep her busy so I can do Math with each kid. 

I'm also reading and trying to figure out our chore issue...ONCE AGAIN!  It is ever changing! 

Our new Co-op has us busy all day Monday and we go straight to Ballet.  So Monday is totally booked.  It will be a crock pot meal every Monday for sure!  But that will give us a good start to the week!  That way Sunday I can tweak our lesson plans and again on Monday and be really ready for Tuesday to roll around.  I'm going to need to take advantage of every moment, even time around the lunch table which I think is when we will do our Bible lesson.  I do want to have fun!  I'm excite because our Co-op has science experiments built right in and lots of fun activities that are suited for the curriculum so I think Friday will be a more fun type of day.....still n school but doing review work, maybe go to the park and do school if everyone has been diligent, science, etc.

I've made lists of people we want to see and places we want to go before the summer is out and we are doing good getting fun things planned.....I just love lists!  All doctor appts and dentist appts and dog appts and car appts will be out of the way before summer ends! 

The plans look great in writing....now let's see what happens in reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment