My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas Dinner..

John and I decided to make a really nice Christmas dinner...one of my favorite things to do that I don't get to do enough is use my nice china, my grandmother's silver, and all my pretty plates...in the grand scheme of things, they don't matter but it is fun using what you have and things that have been passed down from previous generations....every pot, spoon, mixing bowl, piece of china, and spoon from my grandmother that I have now, take me back to watching her use them...and I have very vivid and sweet memories of her and her kitchen. Well, anyways we decided on a prime rib, roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes, bread, cranberry/apple casserole, pumpkin pie, and buttermilk pie.  We went all out, decorated, and used our fine china.  It was a great evening!  Very yummy food...and great company. 










My brother got big big brownie points with his gift to the kids....or should I say adults...He got a Karaoke machine and boy did the singers show up in our house that night...

 The wanna be singers...
We can hook it up to our TV and it shows the words on the big screen.  The songs were golden oldies...Rockin Robin, some Elvis, Gospel, Amazing Grace...



 My mom really enjoyed herself!
 And then Molly figured it out....and she was a trip!  LOVED it so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment