My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vacationing

This post might raise some eyebrows coming right after my "big decision" post but one of the great things about homeschooling is the ability to come and go as you please.  I KNOW!!!! Homeschooling is not all fun and field trips but here is what John and I have talked about.  We work a crazy schedule!!!  John has the best and worst of shift work....worst being six LONG 12 hour shifts a month and then the best being six DAYS OFF at once per month.  We love to travel.  I think we both just realized this more this past year....I mean our almost 12 month old has already been on three camping trips and 4 vacations.....we like to go and explore!!  Now John and I absolutely loved our Colorado ski vacation together but we said on many occasions how we wished the kids were there to see the snow and the mountains and ever since John has been looking into getting them somewhere to see snow.  We talk about all kinds of vacations that we want to do with them.  They are great vacationers and love to see new things....even if it is a pretty lake beside our camping spot!  A few months ago John and I started writing down places we wanted to take the kids....and then when we decided to homeschool we have talked at length about how we can include our trips in our schooling.  I am very excited about teaching the kids and then letting them explore and experience hands on what they have learned!  I realize that this all may be very dreamy and it takes a lot to make it actually happen but here is our list thus far!

1.  Cumberland Island tent camping
2.  New York City around Christmas
3.  Go see snow and take them skiing
4.  Washington DC
5.   Some sort of cruise
6.  Itchnetucknee Springs
7.  Out West (this will be many many different areas)
8.  Sea World/Disney (going this weekend)

There are others but this would be our top 8 right now.......as we start to homeschool and learn about different places, I'm sure others will arise!

No comments:

Post a Comment