My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Attorney at Law, aka..Chicken Herder!

My dear brother, Nic, so graciously agreed to "chicken sit" for us this weeknd while John and I go out of town.  Honestly, I can see why farmers never take vacations...its too hard to find someone to take care of all the creatures....I mean my friend Harriet is keeping the kids, mom and dad have the dog, and Nic has chicken duty (and maybe catepillar in a cocoon duty)....

We are running out of folks to ask...I try not to ask the same person over and over....(Mom and Dad..your turn is coming :)...So my sweet brother is coming to let the chickens out, change their water and food, and then herd them back into the pen after letting them run free for an hour or so.  I really do appreciate his willingness.  He came over the other night to let us show him how to herd them back in to their cage. 

My brother and I are so different.  We are different in just about everyway...aside from the fact that we are in very different stages of life...we have different political views, religious views, family structure views, the way we eat is different, and the list goes on but we love each other and I am a proud sister.  I am proud  of my brother's accomplishments, his passion for helping others, and we also have a lot of fun "making fun" of my mother together (mom, you know we love you!)...

Recently, we found some common ground...we both like New Leaf Market! 

Anyhow, I'm very proud of my brother.  He recently was selected to be flown to Washington DC to interview for an attorney position with the Federal Government...he was 1 of 4 individuals chosen out of 435 (I believe) applicants.  After his interview, he is now the top  pick for the job...just waiting for the General Counsel's approval or sign off on the job hiring...

So more than likely, my brother will be moving to Washington DC!  I am very happy and proud for him and excited that we might get to go visit him in the near future!  He is always so helpful, so supportive of me, so loving, and thoughtful and obviously would do just about anything for me...even herd my chickens...I would do the same if he had chickens or any other kind of pet...I would make him chicken soup if he needed it (I think he likes my cooking)...He took care of me when I was sick with Molly and I will take care of him if he ever needs me to.  We are different but I love him MUCH! 

Here are some "lawyer" pics of Nic and his co-lawyer...they are going to be featured in a newsletter about a pro bono case they recently were in involved in...I like these pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kat! I am actually looking forward to my chicken herding duties! Love you! Have a blast this weekend.

    ReplyDelete