My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thankful in the midst of trial!

We "Christians" always talk about being joyful when in the midst of a trial...well I was today!  I was actually VERY thankful and joyful!  Today was a busy day...I had a doctor's appt, then we had to get a bday present for a friend to then attend a Zoinks bday party...I had a lady coming to my house to pick up something, needed to get dinner ready and then pick up kids from bday party.  In between buying a gift at walmart and heading to Zoinks...Molly had a poopy diaper.  She has had some weird poopy lately that is making her have really bad daiper rash....I'm not for changing diapers in the car or in Walmart so I decided to drop Molly off at home (where John was mowing the lawn) to change her diaper and put her down for a nap (she was becoming ugly fast!)...then off to Zoinks with the big kids.  John was mowing the grass but would check on her periodically until I got back.  I dropped the kids off and my plan was to zoom home, meet the lady, start dinner, and go back and get the big kids.  Well, when I got to my van in the Zoinks parking lot...it wouldn't start!  My first thought was to freak...I called John but knew he wouldn't answer because he was mowing.  I tried to call the lady that was coming to my house to tell her not to come but couldn't get ahold of her.  So I called John 6 more times :O  No answer...then I decided to start taking action.  I called AAA and they said they would send a truck.  My radio, air, lights,automatic doors all worked....but the engine wouldn't turn over.  I knew I had until 5pm (when the party was over)...so I figured eventually John would wonder why I hadn't shown back up at the house and call me.  AAA was there in a matter of 15 or 20 minutes.  The man said the battery was good so it might be the starter...it had to be towed :(  So a tow truck was called and I told the man all by myself where to tow it to!  Tow truck was there in 15 minutes.  It was about 4:30 by this time...I called my mom to come get me and the big kids and our mountain of important stuff that I had taken out of the van (including Molly's car seat) ( I seriously looked like a bag lady at this point walking through the Zoinks parking lot with all my stuff)..I picked the kids up right on time and my mom was in the parking lot about 5 minutes after that.  When I got home, Molly had just woke from a 2 hour nap and John was making dinner (he did end up calling me in the midst of all that after the lady showed up at the house looking for me)....he told me I was a smart girl and had made all the right choices!!!! 

So in the midst of the chaos and unplanned circumstances, there was A LOT to be thankful for and believe me, as I sat outside in the parking lot, I was sure to thank my Lord!

1.  I was thankful that this happen within Fresh Market walking distance, where I ran in while waiting, to buy a water, diet coke, and some nuts.

2.  I was thankful that my big kids were inside of Zoinks...playing and in the AC not knowing a thing about what was going on.

3.  So thankful that Molly had that poopy diaper that made me take her home instead of with me!!!!  Oh it would have been a nightmare doing all that with a tired and hot Molly.

4.  Thankful for my smart phone that allowed me to look up numbers and addresses.

5.  Thankful for AAA.

6.  Thankful for the speed of the services...it was all done before I had to pick up the kids!

7.  Thankful for my mom being able to come get us because John didn't have a baby seat in the other car.

8.  Thankful that I had parked the van far away from the front of the stores so that there weren't too many cars around the vehicle to get in the way of the service trucks.

9.  Thankful that we know of a trustworthy, knowledgeable, friend to look at and fix the van.

10.  Thankful for a little peace and quiet all to myself even if it meant chillin' in the shoe station parking lot with the windows and doors open.  It was actually kind of relaxing.

I will have to say, it was nice to slow down today and sit!  Now I'm praying that the car repair bill is not enormous...but I'm not going to fret yet!  I was certainly taken care of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment