My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Genesis and chicken eggs

So just this week my once innocent children have learned the meaning of circumcision and where the egg comes out of a chicken.....

We are reading through the Bible as a family and in Genesis this week, the word circumcision was said at least 10 times in one chapter...so they said, "What is circumcision?"  And my medical husband proceeded to tell them...

You should have seen the look on John Daniel's face!  Oh my word, their eyes were huge!  So we stressed the importance of not telling everyone in Kindergarten or at church (maybe I should reinforce that) and told them it was a very normal practice today when a baby boy was about 1 day old.  John Daniel's expression was priceless!

Now that we have eggs, the question has come up about where the eggs come from and how they get out of the chicken's body....Emily asked if they came out of the "poop hole."  So again, my very medical husband SHOWED them on Penelope.... the poop hole and the egg hole....he actually pulled her feathers back and showed them....the anatomy...oh my!!!!!...Are my children actually going to learn about the birds and the bees from a chicken? 

No comments:

Post a Comment