My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blueberry Pickin' and Wacissa River

Today was our annual blueberry pickin' day (I guess I can say annual since it is our second time)!  We drove to Wacissa to Blueberry Springs where the berries were ripe and ready for pickin'.  Several other families met us there and Nee Naw came with us...it was a party!  Seriously, even though it was hot, buggy, sticky, and work...we had a blast!  The kids all did awesome, socialized and picked berries!  Even the littlest ones did great!  When we drove up, Molly was standing by a tree waiting on us and I hear John say, "Molly get away!"...I looked over and there was a really long pine snake slithering right beside her...WOW!  Welcome to the hot Florida wildlife!  After picking 2 1/2 gallons of berries we drove right down the road to the Wacissa Springs Landing.  John was determined to jump in off the rope swing and he was the FIRST one in!  The kids all followed.  John was the #1 Daddy for everyone and made sure all the kids stayed safe and followed the few instructions he gave!  I tell you, this is one of the reasons that I fell in love with this man....I love how he loves having fun and he will help anyone enjoy LIFE along with him....he helped all the kids, got in when he needed to and played like he was 13 again!  I LOVE THIS ABOUT HIM!  It makes me smile!  He's not afraid to get cold, wet, dirty, look silly, look stupid, act crazy, get his clothes wet, take risks or be messy!  He just enjoys life and I love watching him teach our kids to do the same!  While swinging off the rope swing, a huge owl flew right above everyone...he was beautiful!  The spring water was really cold and clear...

After cooling off, we drove to Dog It All and met Pop Pop for a slaw dog and fried apple pie...I was nervous about a restaurant that serves only hot dogs but it was a really cute little old fashioned joint...perfect after the morning we had had!  It was a great summer day!




















1 comment:

  1. We sure did appreciate his help! Great time as always . . .

    ReplyDelete