My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, March 2, 2012

The subjects of great Photographers

The other day I got a call from a friend and a local photographer that has taken pictures of my kids.  She is the president of the Tallahassee Professional Photographers Guild.  She was hosting a one day workshop where local artists could learn from some real professionals about landscape, lighting, etc.  She needed subjects and asked if I could bring my kids out the next day.  The location was between here and Thomasville.  She said, "I'm sorry it doesn't pay anything but you will get a CD of some of the digital images."  I didn't even really have to think about it....free pictures of my kids...HELLO!  She said we were the few she could think of because my kids were homeschooled and would be home during the day.  I agreed of course.  There were about 10 photographers and 2 professional "world known" photographers that did the teaching.  It was a slow process and lots of just sitting around....they would position the kids and give them a book or grapes and just tell them to kind of act normal and they would go snapping away.  Some were of natural shots of the kids walking, running, or playing "ring around the rosie".  I didn't do anything...they dealt with what the kids needed (mostly Molly), gave them food and drink, and told them what to do.  Only at the end of the 3 hours did I have to step in with Molly a bit and bribe her to do a couple more poses.  They kept raving about how awesome the kids were, how well behaved, and how close they seemed....all good for a mama to hear!  They just started sending me pictures today of some of the images....and they are very pretty.  Here are the first two they have sent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment