My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best week ever!

I want to write about this week because it has been one of the most relaxing, care free, fun, peaceful, dreamy weeks ever!  I have always wanted Christmastime to be "dreamy"...cooking and playing and enjoying each other's company but it seems to be too busy every year....this week starting the Sunday after Christmas has been wonderful!  Starting Sunday, we have slept in EVERY morning until 9 am!  We have been out to eat a good bit but used gift cards or benefited from Kids Eat Free nights....We saw snow flurries in the church parking lot at church on Sunday.  I worked on Monday but when I got home, I went to dinner with my extended family while John went and played cards with some friends.  On Tuesday we said goodbye to John's sister and spent time outside and inside...everyday we have had a fire in the fireplace at some point!  We went and saw the cutest Disney movie ever...Tangled on Tuesday afternoon.  My mom graciously kept Molly twice for us on Tuesday.  Tangled was great for the whole family!  I cried and laughed!
Tuesday night we attended the FSU women's basketball game against UF!  A couple of months ago we had met the Assistant Coach at a friend's house.  She is super nice and was stoked that both my kids were playing basketball with Upward.  She offered us tickets anytime we wanted them.  I called my friend and she asked Coach Cory for us and sure enough she got us tickets....It was a GREAT experience.  We took my Dad and Uncle John along and they even had a great time.  It is family oriented, fast paced, fun, loud, entertaining and we all just had a great time.  We even ran into some friends that have season tickets! 


John and I had a great time...it has been so nice being OFF together for several days in a row with no real plans!  We have slept in front of the fireplace, watched movies, etc!  Good times!  On Wednesday we called around to a few friends and ended up getting together with a family for a play date...I took the boys and she took the girls.  These are new friends to us and we love this sweet family.  The boy and J.D. don't know each other that well and the boy is about 1 1/2 years younger than J.D. but they had so much fun together.  John was outside working on a project so they stayed outside for three hours straight playing in the sand box, tree house and with all of J.D.'s tools!  John went back to work on Wednesday night and I went to the Seinyard with my family and out of town relatives!  We took John some food at work afterwards and went and picked up one of Emily's friends (very last minute plans) so she could spend the night!  I love when last minute plans work out perfectly!  The girls included J.D. so well and I never heard a complaint!  They had fun playing on their DSi video games and all watched Romana and Beezus together...oh and ate cookies and ice cream! 


Today we woke up very late and had a late breakfast of cheesy eggs and Dunkin Donut donut holes that John so generously brought home when he came home from work. After playing and getting dressed, we met some more friends at the Tallahassee Junior Museum.  Emily's friend went with us and we took some snacks.  This has got to be one of the best presents my parent's have ever given us...we got in free with our membership and used our guest passes for our friends!  The museum has a new playground and new walkways and the kids have a blast walking around the trails! 



I love the trees in this picture!


The kids of all ages got along just fabulous!

This week John was able to get a project almost complete...fencing in the chickens so they don't tear up the yard!  We now have a chicken fence that isn't the prettiest in the world but does the job and when I walked out today, I kind of felt like I owned a farm (which is a good thing)....and it will allow us to keep the chickens and spruce up the backyard in the spring!


Tonight John paid for me to have a babysitter to go out to dinner with some good girlfriends from church.  We ate out and then I went to the NEW publix all by myself!  It was a nice girls night out...so nice to just sit and chat and eat slowly!  The babysitter told me that my children were so sweet and mellow....so that was nice to hear when I returned! This is John's last night and we will drive over to Madison tomorrow to stay with friends, watch the FSU football game and celebrate the New Year with fellowship and food....with yet another set of wonderful friends!  We will end our weekend with church on Sunday and a final play date on Monday with more fabulous friends.  We are very blessed and I'm a little sad that our very relaxing week will end on Monday (J.D. doesn't go back to school until Tuesday!)  The time this week with our friends and family has been awesome!  This is what my dreamy Christmas always looked like.....  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment