My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's weeks like these......

that I really try NOT to have...so busy, something every minute, rushing about, etc, etc. etc....but I will say that we are blessed beyond measure with good friends that invite us to do fun activities and share in Christmas joy...

It was just that I ran and ran and ran....today especially.  My goal since I began homeschooling was to NOT be so busy and so far I have been able to say no to some things and keep our schedule for the most part very slow and doable....Today was just one of those days where we were trying to do everything...Lottie Moon Christmas Tea where we heard a real missionary from Ethiopia speak, Emily had choir practice, my work Christmas party where they begged me to come (I usually don't go to these gatherings), and then our S.S. class was having a Christmas gathering and we are excited that we have about 4 new couples in our class that haven't been church goers.....it was just all good stuff that seemed to fall on the same day.  We even had to say no to an invitation to a sweet little 2 year old's Birthday party..

My goal in my head is to do fun, meaningful things with my kids over the holidays. We are doing math and some other school stuff still but I want it to be a time to rejoice in the true meaning of Christmas...things that I want to do are Christmas plays (we went and saw "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" at CCS), the Nutcracker ballet, time with friends, crafts, cooking, going to hunt a Christmas tree with my Grandparents, ice skating at Kleman Plaza with Uncle Nic, Praying for and writing to our "adopted" Ethiopian child, the Singing Christmas Tree at church, making Christmas cards, Praying for Missionaries, and our Advent Study (which has been an incredible study).  I have not bought the first Christmas present...well I take that back, I have bought one and it was online in November but I'm not worried about it....it is not what I want to stress over or dwell on..The kids asked to have a craft party with their friends this month so we are doing that..they have each picked out a Christmas goodie to make, and we plan to get our tree this week.  The advent study has definitely been the best aspect.  I made an Advent wreath that we use at the house and the scripture we have been reading has shown us all much!  I'm thankful for the many friends and family that we have, but also thankful for quiet evenings at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment