My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our Christmas

Can you tell John is back at work...time for computer, photo, blog, email, facebook catch up!  I don't think I've turned the computer on in the past four days...

Our Christmas......I emerged from all the nasty, wet, dirty camping laundry to shop and prepare for Christmas plus work three days, take a kid to the doctor, take care of a sick husband and visit with my brother...It was a crazy week to say the least leading up to Christmas..due to our large car repair bill the week before, John and I had put off buying a whole lot prior to figuring out the problem with the van in fear that they would tell us it needed a whole new computer system or something...so after our fun weekend camping trip, I had a LOT to do.  Luckily, John told me a long time ago that we weren't not going to go crazy on gifts and to keep it simple.  I had my list, checked it twice and stuck to it for the most part....the extended part of my family lost out big time...they got pictures and picture books of my kids....hope they like those smiling faces as much as I do because that's ALL they got!  John and I did too much for each other...but I really LOVE my gift! See I totally busted my camera a few weeks ago and so my very generous husband bought me a new one that I just love and he also got me a really nice Bose IPOD docking station that I have been wanting so that we can listen to our great music around the house!  I mean he took the dang TV out of the living room, a girl can't have the house too quiet...I need some type of noise to drown out the constant chaos of kiddos :)  I digress...Molly came home from camping with an ear infection and upper respiratory infection and John came home with the stomach bug!  Monday was bad, well not bad, but not what I expected!  Tuesday I had a nice dinner with my parents and brother and then the four of us went shopping at the mall...I think that might have been the first time I've been to the mall without kids in over a year or maybe two....my parents gave me the best present of all...they paid for my babysitting!  It was a nice evening!  Wednesday was spent shopping, doing errands, and sewing, and my big time lawyer brother bought me and the kids lunch (this was exciting!), I worked on Thursday and then.....CHRISTMAS EVE was here before I even knew it!  John worked but we decided to have all of John's family over for an appetizer type dinner in between him waking up and going back to work...I cooked all day long!!!!  I was organized so I knew exactly what I wanted to do but not having John awake to help with Molly and housework, etc was a little stressful but we pulled it off and had a fabulous time.  The food was yummy if I do say so myself, the kids had fun opening their goodies from their grandparents and Aunt Eve and spending time with cousins!  John's mom even played us some Christmas carols on the piano and we all made cookies for Santa! 

Christmas morning was nice and relaxing...John was going on no sleep but he didn't complain a bit!  The kids all piled in our bed that morning and we talked about why we celebrate Christmas, what was really important and how John and I were so thankful for them and our family and what God has blessed us with!  In the busyness of the camping trip and our crazy week, I had gotten behind on our Advent study which in my mind means total failure on my part but two days before (the 22nd) John Daniel came into the living room and told John that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart!  So God once again shows me over and over that He can work through us and in despite of us! God is good all the time and even though I got behind on my to do list, God doesn't need me to be perfect!  AMEN! 

 The kids were totally surprised by their gifts, especially J.D. since he didn't even ask for what he got!  John Daniel is always so hard to buy for, he doesn't really ask for anything...he lists all kinds of stuff but he doesn't really desire anything special....They both got DSi video games....it doesn't mean a whole lot to me...I hate video games and I'm terrible with technology like that but Emily wanted one soooo bad.  It records, takes pictures, plays games, plays music, downloads games, music, goes on the Internet, will talk to another DS, and they can play against each other in certain games!  John has had fun with them.  Emily also got some skates, clothes, and some little stuff from us and Santa.  John Daniel got a MP3 player, clothes, shoes, and other little stuff.  Molly got an American Girl Bitty Baby, a potty, and a grocery cart from us and Santa.  The fun thing was that Emily knows about Santa and she would come up to us periodically and whisper, "Mommy and Daddy, I really like my presents!" or "Thank you soooo much for my DS!"  It was sweet!  We cooked breakfast and enjoyed each other! 
















When we got over to my parents, we visited with my brother and Grandparents and opened a whole new set of presents!  Emily got some cute pajamas, a locket necklace and tons of other stuff...John Daniel got his own custom made golf clubs, a remote control helicopter, Lego's, etc.  Molly got an American Girl wagon to put her baby in and they all got pillow pets!  My brother got them all Converse All Star tennis shoes which they LOVE!  We had a really good time with family and shared some special moments.....we played our new board game and shared some laughs!  One of the best things that Emily and I accomplished was using our new sewing skills to make Christmas presents!  She sewed 10 pillowcases and 2 throw pillows for family Christmas presents.  We went to JoAnn's and picked out material to fit each person's likes and they turned out really neat!  John and I were really proud of her!  Now for the slew of pictures right :)  Hey, I know I'm a picture-a-holic...if you notice my new blog design....I've professed that I am a "pathological picture taker"....Merry Christmas!

P.S.  Unfortunately, since my camera was busted the only pictures from Christmas Eve that I have is off my phone and they won't  upload :)

No comments:

Post a Comment