My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Boot Camp

Since the other two have been in boot camp and I have realized the past two weeks that I have a very defiant, stubborn, disobedient 2 year old...it is time for some change.  Baby boot camp has begun!  I take full responsibility for the disobedience.  She gets laughed at and it gets looked over due to her being so dang cute, the youngest, and I am just busy...giving in to what she wants or telling her over and over again is just easier.  I have decided to take a stance against my 2 year old, get out my two books (John Rosemond and Super Nanny) and take charge!  Yes, to some degree it is her personality.  She is much more outgoing than the other two, spunkier, will speak to anyone, full of energy, etc but I still think that we need control!  She throws fits and lots of them.  She cries a lot when she doesn't get her way.  Honestly, some days I am just exhausted from her defiance.  I love her to pieces!  I think she is so smart!  But, I cannot leave her alone, my days are spent correcting her or cleaning up after her messes or destruction...simply because she pushes EVERY boundary.  Today, we stopped three times in Target to take her to the bathroom to give her a spanking when she started a tantrum over something she wanted or wanted to do.  Tonight she sat in her highchair for 1 1/2 hours over eating ONE pea.  I told her in order to get down she was going to eat a pea.  I had noticed that she wasn't eating very good lately.  She would pick up the pea, put it in her mouth and then spit it out.  She knew what she was doing. Well the stubborn side of her won out, she still did not eat the pea and she went straight to bed after getting out of the highchair at 7 pm....no ice cream, no bath with siblings....and it broke her heart.  I felt like a TERRIBLE mommy today....but something has got to be done.  I believe a two year old can understand simple things like No Touch, Walk with Mommy, Eat a Pea, Stay Here, etc.  I think I just got tired or out of practice and I let her behavior get worse...well, I really really really don't want it to get even worse....I know she is active...but activity is different than total disregard for boundaries and I've have got to get a handle on it, no matter how painful!  Here's praying for a better day for Mommy and Molls tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment