My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Back to her Birthday...

I might go backwards a little but I wanted to write about some of our memorable times in the past several months and one would definitely be our oldest child turning 12!  How can that possibly be...John and I have a 12 year old!  John and I met at 12...that's even crazier!

Emily is a beautiful, graceful, caring, nurturing, soft spoken, silly, mature young lady.  I have really enjoyed the relationship that she and I are building as mom and young lady...she is fun to talk to and we can relate to one another differently.  She was extremely excited when we told her we were having a baby...she has a very natural instinct in taking care of younger kids.  We trust her.  She is really really good and able when it comes to taking care of her younger siblings....and she seems to like it.  I don't push it on her but try to let her lead in how much involvement she wants.  Now when I need her, then I don't hesitate to ask but when I don't...I let her be the one to ask or request time with the baby.  Caroline loves Emily and for awhile, John thought Caroline liked Emily better than him:)

My sweet 12 year old still loves to dance...she dances everywhere, all the time.  She also loves to sing.  Her favorite subjects are history and writing.  She is a teacher by nature.  She is a little absent minded but then surprises me with exceptional organizational skills.  She truly does so much for me!  There is so much that she naturally takes care of that I don't even think about it any more....which is something I need to work on.  I truly don't want to take her for granted.

She likes all things monogrammed, chevron patterned clothes, purses, etc, jewelry, scarves, and horses.  She is modest and I trust her judgement ...She hardly ever pushes boundaries when it comes to clothes, friends, social activities, etc.  She is so much like me I guess...straight and narrow but with a sometimes sassy mouth:)

Emily is blessed with some sweet beautiful friends that I adore.  I'm very proud of her friends and the relationships that she has.

Emily is a Daddy's girl and her love language is physical touch.  She still loves to sit in her Daddy's lap.

We celebrated Emily's birthday several times that week.  We drove to Thomasville where her grandparents put together a party with all the cousins.  They turned a whole wall into a wall of pictures of Emily!  It was so neat!

We then celebrated with the other grandparents at Carrabas (Emily's pick).  She got dressed up and she looked so old!

Lastly, we took her and nine of her closest friends to the Melting Pot for cheese and chocolate fondue.  It was so much fun hearing them laugh and talk!  She, of course, got lots of monogrammed items.

We had a great week celebrating our oldest!  Happy Birthday Emily!















No comments:

Post a Comment