My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day






















This post will mostly be pictures but I thought I'd share a few special moments from our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. As I have said previously, Daddy has had to work but we have still had some really special times and made lots of great memories!



* Publix on Christmas Eve....what a terrible idea but we were in and out pretty quickly. After being pushed, stopped millions of times, and glared at by individuals for simply having two kids in there trailing after me...I was sure glad to get out of there. John Daniel said when we returned to the car, "That was rough!" I agree!


* Christmas Eve Church...very nice and included lots of Christmas Eve caroling..the service was led by children. We enjoyed Birthday Cookies for Jesus afterwards, made Birthday Cards for Jesus and laid them in a manger and enjoyed a puppet show.

* Once Daddy came home, we enjoyed a big meal.. Roosh's Meatloaf (my grandmother's recipe), homemade macaroni and cheese, fried okra, veggies, rolls and homemade fudge for dessert (made by the kiddos earlier in the day). One downside, at the end of cooking my meal...the oven decided to no longer work :( It is ancient and came with our house...might be looking for a good deal on an oven at one of those after Christmas sales!


* Emily decided she wanted to read Luke 2:7-14 before dinner for us instead of a praying. I thought it was a grand idea. She read it from her own pink Bible. We love how spiritually aware she is....by the Grace of God and nothing John and I have done...she loves to read and learn scripture. She read it perfectly, only needed help with the word proclaim but succeeded with words like heavenly, trough, Emmanuel, etc.


* We did the box set of "What does God want for Christmas." The kids love it and took turns opening up all the surprise boxes as I read the story. If you haven't heard of it, look it up, it is great!


* We opened some more presents. This is the first year I have let the kids pick out a present for each other. It was very cute. They loved what they received. They were so cute thanking each other for their gifts. It did help that we had a very serious talk about manners during dinner and the appropriate way to open presents, have meaningful responses, and thanking the gift giver!

*Kids were in bed by 9:00 and John and I spent an hour eating fudge and drinking coffee. Nice way to end the evening!

*Christmas morning we woke up and went straight over to my parent's house where my Dad fixed his traditional Christmas breakfast. Emily read her Bible verses again before breakfast. John and his partner Allison got to come to enjoy some waffles, eggs, bradley's sausage, fruit, and coffee.

* We opened up more gifts! One of the strangest being a vacuum cleaner for John Daniel, not a toy vacuum cleaner a real one that he saw at Home Depot. When he opened it words like "awesome, cool, and I love it" came out. He is a strange fella I guess...I think he just loves machines but the boy will vacuum the entire house or car and loves every minute of it! This vacuum is just his size!
*Now we are at home, kids are playing, I'm cooking (and blogging I guess) and we will go to Granny and Granddad's to see all the extended family tonight. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment