My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, January 16, 2011

100 days of habit forming

We got a grand idea from another blogging mom and homeschool family to take part in a 100 days of habit forming..I guess it's like character training.  Emily and I discussed what habits are...good ones...bad ones...why we want to break habits and form habits.  This list is a sort of positive improvement tool.  It's not something that Emily nor I will get punished over.  It isn't something to cause guilt over.  It is just a way to see yourself improving in certain area and then after 100 days you can be proud that something good was accomplished.  We prayed about it and both came up with three things that we wanted to be habits.  They have to be measurable things.  It can't be "Have better manners" because that isn't really measurable.  Three things were recommended by the other blogger because it is doable, measurable, and not overwhelming.  Emily's were cute...I didn't help her...she came up with these on her own...1.  Eat a fruit and vegetable a day  2.  Do a daily quiet time with God  3.  Brush teeth 2 times a day.  I'm not checking on her daily or even looking at her list but we periodically talk about it and encourage each other.  I thought of many...drink 6 glasses of water, read 15 minutes of a fun book everyday, quiet time even on the weekends (because I slack off these days), 30 minutes of rigorous activity a day, 1 load of laundry a day, speak kindly to my children and build them up each day, serve John 1 time each day other than daily tasks like doing his laundry or fixing his dinner, throw 5 things away each day whether it be a piece of paper or a toy or an old shirt, clean and scrub one different thing each day, etc.  I chose three of the above and will probably pick three more after 100 days.  It is just kind of a fun project with Emily....and she is a good accountability partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment