My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, January 17, 2011

The "After" Christmas Tree for the Birds

Making Suet


rolling the suet into balls for the cupcakes for birds

topping the cupcakes with seeds, nuts, and dried fruit

Peanut butter and seed covered pine cones






Sharing with our domesticated birds


Our After Christmas Tree for the birds





Love these cuties!


This is a great tradition and it makes me feel like I'm getting good use out of our nice Christmas tree.  We made bird cupcakes and pine cone ornaments for the birds and squirrels in the backyard.  The kids had a ball and loved watching the birds and squirrels go crazy over the treats when we were done.  My mom gave me the idea and there is actually a book called "The After Christmas Tree" that goes along with the activity...John told me I had lots of patience during the activity which is saying a lot for me!  It was a great family craft/activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment