My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, February 25, 2011

Random thoughts

We have recovered from Emily's Birthday Weekend!  We had a fabulous party with 10 of her closest friends...I love her friends, I love their parents, and I love that they all get along so well.  We celebrated President's Day and Emily's Birthday all at once...it fit nicely since Emily and I have been studying the presidents and American History all year! 

My little Bible study with some gals at work is the greatest joy!  I truly get so excited thinking about it! 

I'm looking into a new chore system...surprise surprise...I think I might write a book called  Managers of the Home When Your Husband Works Shift Work....no day is the same...

John is the most wonderful hubby and father ever...but when he is home, things are different.  He likes to show me things, he asks the kids to help him, he needs lunch, he has chores he needs help with, etc....my days are just totally different when he is here in the mix!

Our new baby chicks are getting so big...I'm thinking they will all survive and we will be giving some away. 

Upward Basketball Season is almost over and we are all a little sad :( But T-Ball season is about to begin and John Daniel will be playing for the first time!

We are going to the Quincy 4H Livestock show next week with a friend from work.  It will be very interesting!  We will be watching kids show pigs, sheep, and cattle and joining in on a BBQ!

So far, Washington DC is a go for Mid April!  We are so excited!  In fact, we have been doing a Bible Study in our Sunday School Class by a Pastor from DC and it has made us very excited...just seeing all the monuments, historic sites in the videos is exciting!

We have an opportunity to go to Ethiopia in November to work at our church's sister church and meet our Compassion Child that we sponsor...how cool would that be!  It seems so far fetched but so within reach all at the same time....our church partners with a church in Ethiopia which is a Compassion International Site...it is a family trip, very safe...the group would be working at the church and in the community.....we are prayerful......that is all.

We have been reading about the Great Depression for awhile now.  As we were reading the other day, I was showing the kids pictures of poor sharecroppers that had been kicked off the land and were piled up along a road with all their belongings with no place to live.....Emily said, "Why did the land owners kick them out of their houses?"  John said, "well the crops were bad and times were hard and the land owners couldn't pay them anymore and afford to let them stay there."  So then the book talked about the government sites that were set up where people could live...so we discussed that the government was trying to take care of the homeless people...John Daniel says, "Why didn't church people or missionaries take care of them?"  I was so proud of his observation...that is a good question John Daniel!

I had a haircut today....a really great haircut!  I haven't had a haircut in like 8 months so it was such a treat!  She took 1 1/2 hours on my hair...it was such a nice time!  Thank you John for the gift certificate and for the time to enjoy a haircut! 

Go Lady Trojans!

No comments:

Post a Comment