My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Newlyweds

John and I seem to sometimes be drawn to the silliest shows. This season I got to watching the show "The newlyweds". It started out with about 8-10 newlywed couples living in one house. They compete for the big money pot in the end. Each week a couple is voted out. Last night I was laughing so hard!!! They make them do things like decorate a room together, pack a mini van for a trip (everything had to fit and the trunk had to close and it was A LOT of stuff), work together to get roaches out of a kitchen, cook together, pick out each other's clothes, answer questions and see if the husband/wife answers match, and so on. One time all the men (dressed alike) had to stand in a line. The women (blindfolded) had to go down the line and see if they could pick out their husband's bottom by just squeezing it. Sounds a little crazy I know but it was so funny! Another challenge involved a chef coming to the house and fixing a huge breakfast for the couples. He had everything from fruit and granola to Belgian waffles and ham. It was a huge buffet with many choices. The women were told to go fix their plates but told not to eat it yet. Then the men had to go out and see if they could pick which plate was their wife's. It was hilarious hearing the men describe how and what their wives liked to eat. John and I of course started talking about what our plates would look like. I think John would do pretty good. He knew that I would choose bacon over sausage, have a waffle or pancake but not toast, eat my egg fried with no runny inside and most likely have some fruit but not bother with granola or yogurt. John and I are so DORKY! The show is much like the newlywed game show but this show is not just answering questions...they have to do physical competition and challenges. It is pretty clean and pretty funny. So John and I were sitting there one night talking about how funny it would be to do it with all our friends and compete against one another to see which old married couple would reign supreme!!! Let's see...the Brewers, the Cliburns, the Beardens, the Bailes, the Gays, the Cummings, the Shorts, the Connells.....anyone interested????

No comments:

Post a Comment