My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We draw attention

The last couple of days, because they are John's work days, I have been out and about with the kiddos. We have had a play date with good friends, been to Wal-Mart, the free movie at the movie theater, chick-fil-A, Publix, Ace Hardware, Nee Naw's school, church, Wal-Mart again and so on.... I have noticed that we draw a lot of attention. I think it is having three kids. I'm sure that having a really cute baby helps but having one kid in my arms and two following along behind me like ducklings makes for a lot of stares, especially when you are in a really busy grocery store. I have known really large families and I don't really consider having three kids a "big family" but I guess considering that the average size of a family consists of having two kids...maybe we are on our way. I have gotten some funny comments lately, lots of stares, oohs and awhs, and lots of friendly help opening doors and such. Yesterday me and the three kids and the dog Lena went up to our friendly Ace Hardware to buy five bails of pine straw for the flower bed. I was carrying Molly, John Daniel followed, and then Emily who was carrying the dog lena. This older gentleman watched us as we walked in, paid for the pine straw, and came out, opened the trunk and waited for the man to come put the pine straw in. After staring at us for a while he yelled out to me in a chuckling kind of way...."so you went and got a dog cause you needed one more thing to take care of, huh!" We chuckled and went on our way. Today, I took the kids to chick-fil-A for lunch after our movie. Now the employees at chick-fil-A are always very helpful but today they were super helpful. I had Molly in my arms because it wasn't her nap time so she wouldn't want to stay in the peanut shell and of course I didn't have the stroller. The employees brought my food to the table, set up the kid's food for them, got ketchup, BBQ, napkins, straws, etc. and brought it to the table, emptied our trash when we were done, and opened all the doors for us. WOW, and it is a fast food restaurant! Gotta love that place! Anyways, it is fun having a "big family" and I like the comments and stares and help I get. My kids are well-behaved so at least they are good stares and ones that usually stem from good thoughts.... at least I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment