My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some good days

We have had some good days this week. John has been off since Tues and we haven't had much planned...so nice sometimes!!!! We have been at home for the most part, I have gotten caught up on laundry, John's taken care of the yard, we've washed the cars, gone swimming at Trousdell, made breakfast, lunch, and dinner here everyday except for last nights dinner, watched a couple of movies, played outside, I've gone on a run with the kids, etc etc. Sometimes it is so nice to just be at home! I've done a lot of cooking and am feeling very domestic this week :)

Some funny things:

Yesterday Emily announced to me that she was going to be John Daniel's maid. She said she was going to take care of him and clean up for him. This is sooooo not my daughter. Let me explain...John Daniel is always pretty helpful..he is consistent with it. Never minds lending a hand, always interested in what you are doing whether it be cooking, mowing the grass, or laundry. Emily on the other hand (she is so much like me!!!) is either high on the mountain... busily working away being super helper or low in the valley...could care less about helping or lending a hand and would rather sit in front of the TV. This is so like me! Anyways, I thought it was funny she wanted to wait on her brother. So she kept coming in and out of the room asking me if John Daniel could have a snack or a drink etc. I went in their room to check on them after a while and the room was spotless!!!!! Emily had cleaned up the entire room and John Daniel is sitting on his lower bunk bed, feet propped up on a pillow, eating an apple with a very content look on his face. Emily was standing at the foot of the bed waiting until he needed something else. I guess he figured he better enjoy it while it lasted. It was adorable to say the least!

Two day ago John Daniel kept complaining that his head was hurting. Then he said he felt like his head was going to fall off. Strange I must say!!! I am a nurse but I cannot say that I am very compassionate sometimes. My answer to them most of the time is "if I cannot fix it, then you just have to get through it." Funny, I say this to a million patients on the phone every week at work when they are complaining about colds!!! Anyways, I said to him, "well I can't make it go away and I really just think you need some good sleep." The next morning he wakes up and comes into the bedroom and says to me, "mommy my head doesn't hurt anymore..you were right all I needed was some good sleep!" Glad I was right this time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment