My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, September 12, 2011

Art and Classical Music!

Lately, John and I have been turning on classical music during the day to do our work, school, and chores...We tell the kids it makes them smarter...!  They actually like it and sometimes Emily will start dancing in the living room.  We rarely ever turn the TV on anymore..sometimes I do at night for noise background when I am hear by myself after the kids go to bed.  The kids haven't watched TV in many days...really cannot remember how many right now.  It is wonderful and I don't feel like we have that distraction o addiction anymore.  One of the cool things about our big nice TV is the wireless Pandora hook up...it comes up on the TV and through the wireless speaker sound system.  This is how we listen to Mozart, Bach, etc.  Funny enough, we have tried to get cable without any luck...the DTV guy couldn't find the satellite through our trees even after we cut some (I think they came out 4 times), the other company (I think our phone service) doesn't do their service out here in the country?!?! (really) and John has something against Comcast...oh well!  If I could I would love an a la cart TV service and pick things like TLC, History Channel, cooking channel, probably sports...

Anyways, at the beginning of the year, Emily told her CC class that she wanted to either be an Art teacher or a Ballet teacher...I can see this and approve with all my heart :)

Her art class is going so well.  Tonight we all sat around the table after dinner clean up, listening to classical music......and we all worked on drawing.  Molly drew her normal pretty scribble, John Daniel worked on his copying a picture by looking at it upside down (something they learned in Co-op today during the art segment) and Emily worked on her art homework sketches of birds....she even taught me a few things.  I ended up sitting there and drawing with them and it was very therapeutic!  I actually really liked it and Emily walked me through all the steps and taught me some new techniques.  Then we all sat in the living room and read two chapters of our latest book. 

Tonight was a good night...especially after using our brains so much today at Co-op...it was good to relax and use a different part of our brain...I loved it!
Some of Emily's bird sketches

And I drew this....I'm proud...I've never been an artist and this is totally out of my comfort zone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment