My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, September 9, 2011

Birthday~




I was NOT excited about turning 35 and have felt kind of blah about it....but I had a great day...a really great day!  It started off with the birthday song from my family...complete with cards and cake for breakfast!  John headed to bed and then I got to spend a fantastic morning with my kids at horse class.  The weather was beautiful, there was a breeze, we spent it in the country soaking up country smells and fun animals.  We came home and all took a nap!  I like naps!  Then, my fantastic friends found out that John was going to be working tonight and decided to come over, help get dinner, and spend some time with us!  Mr. Josh went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for taco bar.  He was my hero because I really didn't want to go.  We cooked and ate together and then had Tasty Pastry cupcakes!  I am very very very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!  I received many happy birthday wishes plus cards and texts and phone calls!  My grandmother and grandfather gave me one of the sweetest cards I have...I think I might save it forever.  They told me they were proud of me and she quoted the apostle Paul.  I cried.  A long time friend sent me a card with a picture of me and my kids on the front and a picture of me at a birthday party from elementary school (themed California raisins)...with all my friends from Holy Comforter...and in looking at that picture, I realized I hang out with some of those same people or at least talk to those same wonderful friends on a fairly frequent basis.  Having our friends Rebecca and Josh over was special and so comfortable...we have known each other for SO long and we are so comfortable around each other.  They know my kids, play with my kids, teach my kids, and hang out with my kids.  Josh even had Emily's bonnet on his head tonight and was playing "island" with them...the rug was the island and the hardwood floor was the hot water.  The coolest thing to me is that now I get to play and love on their BABY!  That is right.......Becca and Josh are going to have a baby in April!  I'm not allowed to say it on Facebook but this blog is not quite so public!  I'm almost as excited for them as I am when I found out I was pregnant....I cannot wait for them to experience all the wonderful parts of being a parent....they will be great parents and I know for a fact that because Becca is like a sister to me, I can hold her baby anytime I want...and that is the best present and gift on this 35th birthday...looking at my kids and seeing what a wonderful blessing they are to me and getting to experience another new life in one of my most precious and closest friends! I'm thrilled and I feel much better now that I got to tell someone!  When she told me a couple of days ago I was so excited that I sat down and figured out her due date for her and we signed her up to get weekly emails about her baby...it is the size of a kidney bean right now :)  I love babies and I'm thinking John is pretty happy that I have my mind all wrapped up in someone else's baby right now:)  I have had to refrain from calling them or texting them the past few days about baby stuff...I just think it is such a gift and the most awesome thing in the world!  Congrats to my bestest friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow....we love you guys too!!
    I had alot of fun playing with the kids. We used to play games like that when I was that age.
    I am looking forward to playing with my own!!
    Can't wait to have a baby and have you and John share it with us!

    ReplyDelete