My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lottie Moon

My kids have been pretty involved this year in raising money for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering...the church held a tea for women of all ages, which I loved because I could take Emily, with the purpose of explaining why the Lottie Moon offering was important for missionaries.  They had a guest speaker, a former Missionary in Africa, come speak and I have to say, I now have a whole new appreciation for this mission.  I understand how much the missionaries depend on these funds...to pay for anything from housing to a vehicle to get from village to village or Bibles for the unreached people...they do not have to go door to door asking for money or send out letters or beg for support, the Lottie Moon Offering supports the International Mission Board Missionaries and I can imagine that this would be a huge deal and burden lifted.  Emily was very interested in giving and gave in different ways...one day she found all of the loose change around the house and took it to church, the next week she took part of her own money and gave.  We have studied Lottie Moon and know the history and a little about her life. We know of several missionaries right now serving in countries through the International Mission Board.  It is exciting and humbling to see how they make the funds go so far...In Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment