My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to All!

Today is Christmas....can it really be?!  As you can tell by my lack of blog posts, we have been very busy this December...since Thanksgiving really!  This has got to be the most relaxing Christmas we have ever had though..breaking tradition to say the least...we aren't going to see extended family until tomorrow but we have it to look forward to, which I love.  This is John's first Christmas off in 4 years!  It is so nice to have him here....all of him, not an overly sleepy, no rest John, nor one with a radio on his shoulder.....he is just here, enjoying the day.  He even played a LONG game of Battleship with J.D. just now!  We aren't leaving the house today which is weird...Molly is in her new ballet outfit, Emily cannot take off her new boots and J.D. has his spy belt on..We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve service...we had some special guests.  My friend, Holly, from work and my brother.  Molly sat through the whole service and did quite well.  We spent yesterday with John's family...BBQ meal and playing football in John's Grandmother's front yard.  Molly and her cousin Kimberly got matching strollers that they played with for hours.  We have had some amazing Christmas Blessings.....I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed we are.  This past year, John and I have really concentrated on giving of time, talent, and treasure....not to brag but I want to tell you this to pass on what a blessing it truly is to give to to others...this is hard for me.  I've never been a real generous person especially when it comes to my money.  Time and time again as we stretched ourselves this year, God immediately blessed us.  John Daniel would need clothes and boom, there is someone at work giving me a bag of hand me downs...and it goes on.  I bought some used stuff this year to save money and it is amazing, when I opened myself up to that....I saved so much money.  Molly's kitchen..got for $30 used and it is precious, John Daniel's half size guitar...got for $20 and it is perfect.  Emily's camera....the nice regularly priced $200 one....someone gave me for FREE. I mentioned needing to go camera shopping at my work Bible Study before Black Friday.  One of my co-workers said she was going to buy herself a new SLR camera.  She said, Kathryn, why don't you take the one that I barely used..it's a point and shoot cannon, touch screen, and I have the box, charger, and everything.  I asked her how much she would want for it...and she said NOTHING...that is was her gift for me as a thank you for doing the Bible Study with them and telling them about Jesus!   I was blown away and very grateful!  I have never been so aware that giving is better than receiving and that God takes care of the details....We gave presents and Christmas gifts to a family in temporary housing that used to be homeless.  I had to take the money from our grocery budget to purchase the gifts because it came at the wrong time of the month before payday...and boom our SS teacher delivers an entire meal to us...ham and all the fixings as a gift.  It was so weird...and so crazy apparent!  Things would just show up, in the mail too...like a check from my aunt and uncle!  And even if nothing just showed up, I felt God telling me to look to alternatives, try new things, etc...like buying used toys.  The homeschool community is great for that!

God is more real to me than ever this year...I feel him..I feel his arms and I feel his words teaching me and sanctifying me more and more everyday....

Because I have not written in so long..I thought I would just post over the next few days things that happen in December (there's a lot) ....mostly pictures!

Merry Christmas and thanks to God for his son Jesus, My Savior and my Redeemer!

No comments:

Post a Comment