My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Festivities

I had to work today (oncall) and John had to work today but it ended up being a great Thanksgiving....





After our Gratitude breakfast we started cooking and I let each kid (help) make a dish.  Emily actually did hers all by herself.  I gave her the recipe for the corn casserole and she did it on her own.  She was one proud girl!  Next John Daniel helped me to the sweet potato casserole that John was taking to work.  Then Molly helped put the Squash Casserole together...her favorite part being crushing the ritz crackers.  We made all of the above plus fruit salad with fruit dip and chocolate eclair cake.  We had it all done by noon with the kitchen cleaned!  We gathered around the TV and watched the parade...kids sang along to all the music and then we walked to the park and playground down the street. 
I started taking call but was able to take my computer and beeper with me to my parents house where my side of the family was gathering.  Both my Dad's sisters and all their family were there.  It was special for my Grandparents to have all their great grandchildren there.  We ate a feast and then had our annual marshmallow fight...which is always such a funny crazy mess!  This year my 89 year old grandfather was gifted with a shield to protect his brand new pacemaker!  My mother is so funny and creative! 












my all time favorite thanksgiving picture!







No comments:

Post a Comment