My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Breadwagon Bakery Field Trip

There's a cute little Mennonite Bakery in Thomasville, GA (my hubby's birth town) called the Breadwagon Bakery.  The sweetest lady and owner of the bakery does field trips for children.  Emily and I went two years ago and I organized one for this summer so John Daniel could enjoy now as well.  she didn't disappoint.  We invited friends who have not been before, some home school families, some church friends.  The sweet lady is so patient and takes time to show the children about seeds, where wheat comes from, why you have to have yeast in bread, etc.  It was a great learning experience too!  Then, she puts them to work!  They watched her grind wheat, make dough, mix dough and then made their own pretzels with cheese, cinnamon rolls with sugar, cinnamon, nuts and chocolate chips, and then learned how to decorate their own cake!  It was fabulous and they get to go home with ALL their own baked goods! 

















I had high hopes that my boy would create some beautiful masterpiece....not so sure:)


I cracked up when at the end of the field trip, the sweet little bakery lady got out her IPad and started taking pictures of the kids herself....this being a difference between the Amish and Mennonites I guess :)

Oh, and you cannot forget the amazing icing slathered all over the Cinnamon rolls!  Wowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment