My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Boys Camp Out

We were suppose to go camping with my parents this weekend. Reservations were made and campers were ready and then my parents and me for that matter wimped out :) On my end it seemed like a lot to get ready for before a very busy week...I have to admit I don't like the packing and unpacking of camping and it felt like we just got back from the last trip. We always have a blast when we get there but I was not looking forward to the getting ready part! And it was suppose to rain all weekend. We couldn't get our money back so John decided that he and John Daniel would just go tent camping! What a fabulous idea! They did this last year together but only went over to Water Oak and slept out on the property for a night. This time they are driving over to Lake Seminole (GA) and going tent camping for one night! The reason I write this is I laughed at how EASY it was to get them ready! They both took a back pack and put there one change of clothes in the backpack with a towel, some 2 in 1 body/shampoo soap, a toothbrush, a clean pair of socks, some underwear, a hat, and a sweatshirt. They took two sleeping bags, two pillows, a sleeping mat, the tent, some flashlights, a gun, a knife, a lighter, a lantern, some rope, two fishing poles, a fishing box, an ax, a small cooler, and one little dry box of food. We ran to Wal-Mart this morning to grab their grub. They plan to have hot dogs, chips, carrots and dip for dinner with some cookies for dessert. For breakfast they will eat bananas and sweet sixteen donuts and for lunch they will have PB & J sandwiches with chips, and oranges. They took some small cartons of OJ and some Gatorade and waters. That is IT! Can I tell you that we had them packed and ready to go in about 45 minutes. Now that is what I call a Man's Kind of Camping Trip! And I know J.D. will have a blast! He was so excited about going fishing and sleeping in the tent!

2 comments:

  1. What more does a guy need! They will probably eat the doahnuts for supper and treat and just eat leftover hot dogs for breakfast! Great fun!

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they only took the carrots and oranges because it made me feel better!

    ReplyDelete