My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, November 23, 2009

Guitar Hero





























Last night we went over to Dave and Amanda's house to eat a Pre-Thanksgiving meal with our friends that we haven't seen in a while. We enjoyed a great meal together with Dave and Amanda and Rebecca and Josh. So I never thought I would say this but I had a fab time last night with everyone playing Guitar Hero. Now, I am still glad we do not have this very addicting game in our home...but it sure was a hoot to go over to our married "without kids" friends' house and play with all their gadgets. Guitar hero is on the Wii which is a gaming system for those that don't know. Players hold a guitar that acts as a controller that has specific buttons to play the song that is on the game. The same goes for the drum set, bass guitar, and microphone. It is all a simulation. You do what the screen is telling you to play the song and you "rock the band" or you get kicked off stage. Well Dave put on some '80s and '90s rock songs that we all grew up hearing and well we all turned into thirty somethings that were trying to be rock stars playing this game! It was hilarious. My kids weren't quite sure what to think of their parents. They both played too but the older boys became a little competitive over the game and didn't want to get kicked off the stage for J.D.'s 5 year old bass playing....so they gave the kids Popsicles instead. Anyways, I played the bass and did a little vocal performance (after having a little wine). It was fun and quite amusing. Josh Cummings was way into it!!! It makes you feel like a rock star for a moment! You end up moving around the living room playing your instrument as if it were your stage! After I left to bring my kids home and put them to bed....John, Josh, and Dave stayed up till 1 am rockin the band!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the perfect toy for Christmas! You know what John wants!

    ReplyDelete