My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, November 7, 2009

This and That

As I have said before, our dryer belt broke. John was out of town and he had to order the parts when he got home so I was without a dryer for almost two weeks....I ended up washing clothes in our washer and then I took clothes to both my Mom's house and John's Mom's house to dry. Every time I went back to pick them up, both Moms had them out of the dryer and folded for me and I promise I didn't leave them on purpose for them to do this......I certainly could have gotten use to that!

We are going to do a Thankful garland all over the house on the ceiling. I have photocopied the picture of a leaf and made many copies...everyday leading up until Thanksgiving we are each going to write on a leaf something we are thankful for and then hang them on a string on the ceiling.

The Homework stations that I made the kids were suppose to be fold away kind of boards but the kids loved them so much that they became permanent fixtures in my living room...Emily does her homework there but they also serve as art stores, schools, offices, and Sunday school rooms so they kept creeping more and more into my living space. Finally, I told them that was it....(I was starting to itch) and needed to move them to their room or fold them away. So last night and tonight we cleaned out drawers, closets, move clothes around, straightened and made room for their "offices." Now their room is neat, clean, and organized, and they have their offices ready to go....and they are playing in their room instead of always being up under me (I can only handle total chaos up under me for so long).....now if their room would only stay that way.....I guess I have to let them pull out their toys at some point!

My 97 year old Great Aunt (my grandfather's sister) died yesterday. Wow, 97 years! Today, I was talking to my Dad and we were talking about remembering things and writing things down and remembering names, etc. What do you think a 97 year old wished she had done in her 97 years??? Good question to ponder!

I love purses! I really do have an addiction. It really is any bag or any type...I love diaper bags, lunch bags, and travel bags....All I have to say about this is, I don't buy shoes like most women do and the bags I like are mostly under $40. My most recent one was $10! And funny enough, I always get nice comments about my cheap bags!

I'm excited about the holiday season....I want to celebrate thankfulness, our blessings, and the Birth of Christ and we are NOT getting caught up in the craziness! Last year was so nice and we did so many meaningful activities and fun ones too like bake cookies....we do not lack for anything and so I want the Season to be one that the kids will remember for what we do and how we act rather than what we all get!

Molly is now pulling herself up on everything, dances when she hears music, and SOOO busy! She has knocked her head way too many times because she is so into everything. I think I need a pen for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment