My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What she will be when she grows up

My precious first born...My Emily...I love her so much! I have realized lately that the baby part of child rearing is easy..it is what comes later that is much harder and much more stressful. I feel like everything I do these days effects how she will turn out. I feel like the words I say, the way I act, the facial expressions I give, the physical touch that I share is all going to shape her into the kind of adult she will be...I will be honest...It totally stresses me out. I feel like I am going to screw up and say the wrong thing or not give enough hugs and someday she will be on Oprah talking about how I nagged her about picking up her dirty clothes too much! I am thankful for God's grace and honestly sometimes I need to depend on HIM to raise my kids more often! All we can do is pray over them and pray for HIM to help us say and do the right things. Emily needs lots of attention. She needs snuggle time, she needs words of affirmation, she needs me to look at EVERY picture she draws and say "good job." She has to be playing in the room where we are. She LOVES her daddy! She is sensitive and thinks of others' feelings. She would never want to hurt someone. She loves her little sister and will play with her, feed her, watch her....she really is a big help! While John Daniel and I vacuum under the couch, she watches and plays with Molly and sings songs to her!

Right now Emily says she is going to be an Art Teacher. I can see that she would be really good at this. She loves Art at school. Mrs. Hunt is very good and Emily has brought home some beautiful art work. She loves to instruct others and "play" school. She is creative and is constantly drawing or making something. She drew and cut out all the leaves for our Thankful tree. She loves ballet and dancing. She wants to try out for the Nutcracker next summer. She has rhythm and I absolutely LOVE watching her play piano. She bounces to the rhythm as she plays and it is so cute! I don't push her too much to practice because I don't want her to get tired of it but I really do think she has talent. She is reading music already and already knows more about it than me and I was in the band 7 years. I think it is because she is truly getting the basics down. She has a really great imagination. She wants us to be happy with her. She wants her teacher to be happy with her. My mom gave her a weaving loom last weekend....one of those that you make pot holders with. She has made four potholders since Saturday and took one to give her teacher today as a present. She loves making notes and pictures for John and I. When John was away on his business trip she wrote "love notes" to him and put them in his sock drawer. She is certainly gifted with creativity but has surprised me in that she is really enjoying soccer right now. I, of course, think she is very well rounded and believe she will grow up to be something great! I see her as such a sweet, moldable, loving, precious, angel just spreading her wings....I see such a sweet spirit that I hope I can help form and mold and not mess up!!!! If only I could get the child to remember to pick up her dirty clothes and put things back where they go......that is for a totally different post!!!! I love my sweet Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment