My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving treats!





























Today was baking day.... We had a blast! John Daniel helped me make peanut butter chocolate bars, homemade cranberry sauce, and decorated turkey cookies. Emily helped me make sugar cookies, cream cheese black bottom cupcakes, and decorated turkey cookies. They were awesome and such a big help. They really wanted a new movie that just came out (Santa Buddies) so we went to Target to get it but I told them they had to pay for it. They didn't have enough money in their jars yet so I told them they had to do chores today to work it off. So, while one of them was cooking with me, the other one did a chore and then they switched. Emily cleaned both bathrooms, folded some laundry, put some laundry away, and wet mopped the floor. John Daniel vacuumed, did three loads of laundry, and put dishes away. It was a great day just hanging out around the house. They also played for several hours in the sand box. John wanted me to make some Thanksgiving Treats for his crew that he could take with him tonight. We made a platter of cupcakes, peanut butter bars, and turkey cookies for him to take. He is going to give them out tonight to all his Paramedics and EMTs at midnight! I really enjoyed cooking and creating with the kids. Cooking is something that I am so glad that we all like to do as a family. I hope I am passing that down to my kids....My vision is for us all one day to be hanging out at the house....the three of them grown and married with kids...boys watching football, grilling a turkey, girls in the kitchen together cooking and talking and my grand kids running all around....I hate to think of them growing up but I love thinking about us as a family like that one day! I know I will remember days like this when they were kids making turkey cookies and then I hope to be doing it with my grand kids one day! Now tomorrow is the big day.....John is doing a rotisserie Turkey on the grill...He is rubbing it with orange zest, sage, and all kinds of spices. John Daniel is already siked up about helping him! Emily and I will be cooking squash casserole and making chocolate dipped strawberries! Can't wait! And yes, I am a dork and like to take pictures of the food we create!

1 comment:

  1. And wonderful tasting as well! Thank you Kathryn, John, Emily, John-Daniel and Molly for making this a wonderful Thanksgiving for our whole family to remember! We are thankful for you all!

    You play a mean game of kick the can too!

    ReplyDelete