My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, November 5, 2009

What he is going to be when he grows up

I love my time with John Daniel when we are by ourselves either at home when Emily is still at school, or driving in the car, etc. He is a very smart, perceptive little boy with lots to say! I do believe great things are in store for him as every one of my children but it will certainly be interesting to see what he becomes. I know he has a kind and gently heart. He is concerned about spiritual issues and asks lots of questions about God. He loves others. He has also become quite the jokster. He likes to "kid" and play jokes. When we were trick or treating the other night he said, "there is a snake hanging down from that tree!" as we passed a low hanging branch and scared his cousin Natalie to death....then he said, "I'm just kidding!" John thought it was hilarious. His teacher pulled me aside last week and told me that J.D. is very popular even with the girls. She said that there are fights to sit by him. I asked J.D. why all the kids liked him and he said, "cause I'm funny." His Sunday School teacher said he is the best clean up helper. He is a worker and a busy bee. Rarely does he sit still. If I am bringing groceries in, he wants to help...he knows where everything goes in the pantry. When John was out of town, we needed Halloween stuff out of the attic. J.D. was more than happy to volunteer. Well I got him up there with the ladder and then realized it probably was not the greatest idea b/c then I had to get him down! It all worked out but I won't do that again! But he did get all our Halloween stuff for me! He also volunteered to blow off my driveway when Daddy was away. He loves tools, machines, knowing how things work, fixing things, etc. He is really amazing. My five year old knew to turn the light on in the hallway so the plug in the garage would work. He knew which extension cord to get to use for the blower. He knew where to plug everything in. He knew how to turn it on. He knew how to use it (from watching his Daddy) and he blew off my entire driveway as an adult would . Then he decided the van needed to be shop vacuumed so he did that too! He had to change out the extension cords to fit the vacuum and put all the attachments on..which he knew how to do. John and I have noticed this motivation in him and John is great about teaching him. The other day they had to take apart the dryer to replace a belt. J.D. was eating breakfast. John says to him, "John Daniel, we need to go out and take the back off the dryer and then go up to ACE hardware" John Daniel says with all seriousness, "O.K. Daddy, let me just finish my breakfast!" He was sure that Daddy could not do it without him! So he talks a lot about what he wants to be when he grows up. He usually says a Paramedic, Policeman, and Builder Man. He says he is going to build me a BIG house one day! Today as we were driving to school he says, "Mommy, how did the baby get out of your belly?" Well lucky me, I had a c-section so that was easier to explain than the other. So I told him the doctor cut mommy's belly and pulled the baby out and then sewed me up. He said, "Cool, I'm going to be a doctor!" So we talked about what kinds of doctors that there were. I told him there were bone doctors, baby doctors, kid doctors, doctors that did operations, etc and he decided he wanted to be a doctor that operated on EVERYTHING...so I guess that would be a general surgeon. He is so sweet yet so boyish! I truly love having a boy and girls! It is so much fun to see the differences!

1 comment:

  1. Coop enjoyed having him over the other day! He is such a good kid!

    ReplyDelete