My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, February 5, 2010

Dave Ramsey, Michael Pearl, and the Flylady for President!

Besides Jesus of course, the persons named above have become regular self help leaders in this home.  I am not too fond of self help books or people that get on TV and try to solve people's woes.  I don't watch OPRAH, can't stand Dr. Phil and the ladies on the VIEW make my skin crawl....But I do like to get advice from people who seem to get it right and make sense.  In my opinion, the above could basically do a better job leading our country than any Democrat or Republican.  America's debt would not be skyrocketing, our homes, marriages and children would be set straight and the Flylady would declutter, destress, and organize us all....Since I know that ain't happening, we will concentrate on this home and a few others that I know of.  Something is a changing in my home...life is better (not that is was horrible), decisions are being made, money is being spent wisely, the TV is OFF for the majority of the day, we are all reading more, the house seems to be cleaner, the kids are cleaning their rooms, we are all outside, we are all exercising, the Bible is being read, God is speaking to us, we are saving money where we haven't before, we are decluttering, etc. etc. etc.  BUT it is hard work.  I am exhausted some days from just trying to get it all done!  And it is all good stuff!  The book I spoke of before...Crazy LOVE..speaks of being in AWE of God.  It speaks of his omniprescence and how God IS, God was, and God will be...nothing we can do or will do (America too) can change that....it speaks of how little we all are and I started thinking about it....stress that I put on myself and stress that my friends are putting on themselves is unnecesary in that it just means that we are putting all that stuff in front of God, even if it is good stuff...if we let it wear us down, make us tired, make us crazy, cranky, unpleasant mothers and wives then that is not right either....I do let the ideas and notions of Dave Ramsey, Micheal Pearl, Flylady, and others put pressure on me..but today as I was running in the rain, listening to the sounds of the rain hit the trees and leaves and pavement....I realized something...we all need to relax a little...We are not ALL THAT, we are small, a bleep on the radar screen, a notch on a long long timeline in the history of the world...and if my sink gets shined and if my coupons get clipped and if my kids say please and thank you that is great but I want to stand in AWE of God!  The God that makes the rain fall from the sky, the God that creates catepillars, the God that makes our heart pumps, the God that created the universe, the God that does so much but still loves little ol me....!!! My prayer is that we can stop and smell the roses, listen to the rain and stand in awe of God and then go inside and shine our sink with a smile on our face and a joyful heart and if the 6 stacks of laundry in the garage don't get done...well there is always tomorrow or maybe not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment