My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Emily's Birth Day

February 19, 2002!  I won't go into the whole story because I have done that before but I remember it like it was yesterday....she got to come three weeks early because I was having some swelling and high blood pressure.  We stayed in triage all night long and then finally got a room on the 19th to start the real induction.  It took about 7 hours and she was born at about 4:20 in the afternoon.  All of our friends and family were there to greet her.  Daddy got to deliver her (forced by the midwife...I'm not sure he was so sure about it at first) and it was pretty much a wonderful, very easy delivery.  I had THE BEST doctor and nurses!  My Emily was beautful and perfect.  She really was a really pretty baby!  She has been a joy ever since!!  Yesterday, on Emily's actual birthday...at breakfast, I was telling her birth story (very G-rated of course) and telling how I sat on a big bouncy ball when it started to hurt really bad...John Daniel said shaking his head, "Oh my goodness, I cannot hear this!"  We all died laughing...he says the funniest things sometimes!  Emily had a great 8th birthday day ...complete with cookie cake at school, chick-fil-a delivered by her whole family, cheerleading game in the evening, and then she picked Firehouse for dinner...and today was her big COOKING party with her friends...what a big weekend!!!  I love my big girl so much and thank God for such a beautiful young lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment