My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good stuff...

I'm reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  I had to quote him:

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.  Stress says that things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace towards others, or our tight grip of control.......(another paragraph)  Ultimately, I have just as little control over my own life and what will happen to me.  Isn't the easiest thing at this point to start living in a guarded, safe, controlled way?  To stop taking risks and to be ruled by our fears of what could happen?  Turning inward is one way to respond; the other is to acknowledge our lack of control and reach out for God's help.  If life were stable, I'd never need God's help.  Since it's not, I reach out for Him regularly.  I am thankful for the unknowns and that I don't have control, because it makes me run to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment