My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Emily's 1st birthday party!

You all probably know by now that I love throwing parties...Emily's first of four was Monday night!  My Dad has been making fun of us all week...."What!  FOUR parties!!!"  We had grandparents over for dinner on Monday night, I am taking a treat to her class on Friday for lunch, we are having a few girls spend the night on Friday night and then having a Cooking party with more friends on Saturday...!!!!  Fun Fun!!  Our special Grandparent dinner was super nice.  It was nice just having Emily's special Grandparents over for some personal time.  She felt very honored!  Emily decided a while back that she would have a food pantry drive at her birthday party instead of having her friends bring presents.  She wanted to collect food for our food pantry at church that serves over 200 people every other week.  I thought it was a fabulous idea!  I assured her that her mommy and daddy and grandparents would not forget about it being her birthday.  We all "hooked" her up so to speak.  I made her favorite foods.  She requested lasagna, poppy seed chicken and noodles.  I added green beans and a grilled romaine salad to it.  We had strawberry shortcake as dessert and then she got to open up all of her presents.  She got some really pretty clothes, a diamond cross necklace, jewelry box, zhu zhu pet boat attachment for the zhu zhu house, some art supplies, a webkinz, and an IPOD shuffle.  She was so excited and very grateful.  I love me big girl!  She is so precious to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment