My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blessing of extended family

I feel very blessed to have our parents in town and as much as I take that for granted sometimes, I do know how grateful I should be all year around....since my mom's retirement, the kids have spent so much more time with my parents.  They call to have them come over, babysit for John and I to get a date here and there, keep Molly while I school the big kids, and take them to do fun things (like camping in their new pop up camper)...I do believe that time with Grandparents is important.  I know that I need to spend more time with my own grandparents while they are still around and John's grandparents...I don't want that time to slip away so John and I have talked about making a far greater effort to include Grandparent time and Great Grandparent time in our weeks...John and I both have wonderful memories from our childhood of our own grandparents!  Thank goodness for grandparents that are willing to give Mommy and Daddy a little "break" every now and then.  I'm very thankful for those times and the relationship that they have with the grandparents.  My mom is doing fun things with them and taking them places like the pumpkin patch and working at the church's MANNA food closet with the big kids...The kids love it and I consider it of great importance...







No comments:

Post a Comment