My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fort Pickens....Part 1

My Dad found a real Jewel in my opinion...My parents just bought a new pop up camper and we all wanted to go camping together somewhere new.  My dad found Fort Pickens...a National Park on Santa Rosa Island near Pensacola Beach.  The beach was beautiful and there was tons to do.  The beach was absolutely gorgeous and seemed so pristine.  There was a bike trail...John said part of the Florida Bike Trail...kind of what the Appalachian Trail is to GA he said.  There were WWII bunkers...and Fort Pickens which was built after the War of 1812 but  used during the Civil War.  We did a tour with a National Park Ranger and WOW, that makes a difference!  She was so knowledgeable and we all enjoyed hearing the stories about life in the Fort.  We walked on the Sea Wall and all around the campground.  And obviously, Pensacola Beach is right now the way so we enjoyed seafood at Peg Legged Pete's and breakfast at a hole in the wall restaurant because the wind was so cold and strong we couldn't cook breakfast.  There was just tons to do.  The kids had a blast and so did we.....one of the best camping trips we have made and this was a surprise to me...I just didn't expect such a nice camping area.  I have tons and tons of pictures.  I might break it up into two or three posts! 

First:  The Campsite







Second:  The Beach

























No comments:

Post a Comment