My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Adventures in cooking:)









We are on week three I think of Pioneer Woman cooking.  We hit some snags in week two and three I must say...YEAST, I don't get it.  I tried twice to get dough to work for orange rolls and it was just too dense.  It didn't rise like she said it would..all and all fairly tasty but not that light and fluffy orange roll dough that you get when you get a roll from the Cinnabon place in the mall.  I did feel very "chef-like" making these though...rolling out my own dough and all.  Putting ingredients inside.  It was fun!
Dough log with goody inside.

 My kitchen war zone after completing chicken enchiladas and homemade salsa!  Literally a disaster!  I spent hours on Sunday in the kitchen.

 The enchiladas were really tasty and the grilled chopped peppers inside were amazing...but there was no definition to the actual enchiladas...by the time it all cooked under the yummy cheese sauce, you couldn't really tell where one enchilada started and one stopped.
The homemade salsa was to die for though...an every ingredient except the 1/4 tsp of sugar was very very healthy...The cilantro in it was so tasty!  And no vinegar...Pioneer Woman says most all store bought salsas have a heavy content of vinegar and she says that's silly when you can fill it full of tasty vegetables and spices.  




No comments:

Post a Comment