My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Friday, January 25, 2013

Cooking week 4 and Mom's Birthday

I decided to let the recipes from Week 4 be a treat for Mom's birthday.  So after church last Sunday I fed the whole family!  I have to say, this was probably our favorite recipe thus far...The Best Grilled Cheese!


Recipe from the Original Pioneer Woman...my grandmother Ruth Revell!  This is her sour cream pound cake.


I love cooking with my grandmother's tools and bowls...I have many of them.  This is her flour sifter!  I love it and it reminds me of her so much:)

The grilled cheese called for Green chiles, either canned (whole), which I couldn't find, or whole pablano peppers.  I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and bought the whole pablano peppers...it was fun to roast them in the over and then cut them open, take out the seeds and slice them for the sandwiches.

Seriously, the best grilled cheese ever!  The side was spicy ceasar salad with homemade ceasar dressing and cornbread croutons...I kept saying, "Hopkins Eatery doesn't have nothin' on me!"

All the adults gave this recipe a "5"...the kids...a "3"!

No comments:

Post a Comment