My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pioneer Woman and Me

So for the next YEAR you will be hearing from me about my adventures in cooking through the Pioneer Woman Cookbook!  Aren't you excited!  I love something to look forward too...I love a new program:)  My kids and hubby roll their eyes because I've always got a new plan!  My good friend received the cookbook for Christmas and we had the thought to cook through it in a year...there are 100 recipes.  Seems doable if you cook two per week.  I like food...I like to cook and I like a goal!  We are going to take turns picking which two recipes...give each other the menu on Thursday and we have the next week to cook the two recipes....we both have blogs so it will be fun!  I loved reading her blog today on her first two recipes.  We also both like The Pioneer Woman...she home schools, has a ranch, and she has red hair!

Up first was the Ranch Chicken and Roasted Cauliflower~My friend is making notes on sticky notes in her book so she can remember tricks, hints, how it turned out...she is also making a list of "wish" items for her kitchen as she goes.  I like these ideas and had not thought about them.  I made up a little scoring spreadsheet and am getting the family involved....they get to grade me on presentation, taste, how well it was cooked and would they eat it again.  So expect lots of pictures of food:)  On a side note but related....I had this idea because way back in 2009 I watched a cute little movie called Julie and Julia about how a blog writer at her wits end and depressed with her cubicle job decided to use her love of cooking to cook through the Julia Child's cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  We watched the movie together today just to get us excited...it really is a cute movie.  I wonder if The Pioneer Woman would like to know what we are doing:)?



 One of my favorite pans is this grill pan...John grills a lot but when he isn't around it gets the job done!
 Family gave it a thumbs up...I got all 4's and 5's!
This project will be very funny when you read the next post...oh my poor family:)  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment