My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, February 16, 2009

My date with two cute boys!


On Valentines Day John was in Ocala riding in The Croom (a 50 mile bike race) with my dad. Emily had been invited to her friend Olivia's birthday tea party so I invited Olivia's younger brother, who also happens to be John Daniel's best friend, to lunch and to play while the girls had their party. So John Daniel, age 4, and Cooper, age 3, took me to lunch at Zaxbys. I tried to get them to go to Chick-fil-a because I thought that would be their first choice but they, after much deliberation, decided on Zaxbys. Cooper was the most vocal about the dining choice. He first wanted to go to Steak-n-shake, then it was Costco to eat pancakes (?), then red elephant. John Daniel saw the Zaxby's sign on N. Monroe street as we were driving and that did it for both of them. It was really fun being with just the two of them. I love listening in on their conversations! Their older sisters are almost always around and well they talk ALL the time so it was neat that the boys got to have a say! We talked about planes, the radio tower and blinking light outside the Zaxby's window, their grandmas, the mailman, mushy french fries, eating chicken....it was all very interesting. Boys also burp a lot. I don't think I have ever heard Emily burp loudly but both of the boys, while eating, burped continuously which was of course very funny to them! While driving in the car, they both were singing along to "103.1 the wolf" and Tim McGraw's "today" song. You can tell their mommies both listen to the same country radio station! After lunch we went over to my mom's house to play with some new toys she had that were hand me downs from a co-worker. The toys were mostly trucks, tractors, farm equipment, animals, police vehicles, etc. The boys were enamoured with them and did not want to leave. Boys are so different than girls...they played together and described all the trucks and what they were used for. They also both made all the sounds that trucks and tractors were to make. I find this most interesting. Girls do not do this but boys make those engine sounds as if they were told to do this. Brrrrrr, grrrrr, runnrunn...you know what I mean. It is just so different than girls. I feel very blessed to have both a boy and a girl. I love seeing the difference in play. And I am so glad John Daniel has a best friend to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment