My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Night Owl

Tonight is the first night of John's new night shift schedule as a captain. He actually will be going back and forth for the next month most likely until they get all his day shifts covered but tonight he is working nights. We ate dinner early, he left for work, I bathed the kids, read books, and now kiddos are in bed. It was really neat b/c Emily read to me and John Daniel two different books as we all sat on the couch with Lena in laps. Sometimes (actually a lot lately I hate to say) we fore go reading at night on John's work nights b/c we usually were eating at 7:30 and by the time dinner was done...it was time for baths and bed. So it was nice to have a relaxed evening.

As for me...I am a night owl. I actually could most of the time get a lot done in the evenings and night like my mother and brother but most of the time I opt to sit on the couch with John and go to bed when he wants to. So now that he is working at nights...I might actually do some stuff like fold laundry, clean up, read a good book, type on my blog, take a long bath, etc. I have been known to clean bathrooms at 11:00 at night. It is something about the quietness of the house that causes me to get busy sometimes ....at least when I am not pooped. I guess that is how most morning people feel about their morning time when they are alone in the house before everyone has woken up.

1 comment: