My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Picky eaters or NOT

My kids are fairly good eaters...I don't consider them picky at all. Now they like the normal kid foods like chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and ice cream but they also eat a lot of other things. I have been asked before how I got them to eat good and I really don't know. I always kind of thought it was because John and I are not picky and we like to try new things. Maybe genetics??? I gave them a lot of different foods when they started eating and I never made them a "separate" meal from John and I. The only thing I would do is let them have a yogurt if they didn't like the dinner I made. I love that for the most part they will try new things. Emily in particular is really good about this. My mom has always told her that she should try everything..even if she didn't like it in the past b/c our taste buds change.

Emily eats salad, any casserole, ribs, eggs, veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc, Chinese, Mexican, kiwi fruit, soups (even cabbage soup), fish, shrimp, grilled veggies, bread with olive oil dipping sauce like at italian restaurants, red beans and sausage, black beans and rice, wraps, and will try most anything you put in front of her.

John Daniel loves meat...ribs, sausage, spicy things, coleslaw, squash and zucchini steamed, cherry tomatoes straight out of the carton, kiwi fruit, broccoli, salad with balsamic vinaigrette, fish, shrimp, Mexican, Chinese, bread and olive oil dipping sauce, red beans and sausage, black beans and rice, celery with dip, and any breakfast food.

They both love water. Emily is a better Milk drinker but J.D. will drink it. Emily would rather drink water over juice anytime. John Daniel is not crazy about casseroles but will try them most of the time. They both will devour any fruit that you put in front of them.

The craziest thing that they eat and get all excited about is.......Black Olive Hummus from the deli section at Publix with bare naked pita or bagel chips. This is hilarious to John and I. I put hummus on the table as a side with lunch and they run to the table screaming....HUMMUS!!!!! I think I just tried hummus like one year ago. This one bizarre food liking is the main reason I wanted to write this post. I find it so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Having good eaters makes meal time so much easier!! I always admired how well Emily eats.

    ReplyDelete