My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Latest happenings

I haven't posted in awhile...mostly just busy, been in kinda a funk, and just have not had time. So John just finished 6 days of night shifts...wow that was a test of Mommy's strength and patience! Some days it really did feel like I was a single mom! I so tried to let him get some good sleep. Some days it worked others it didn't. We are still working on the logistics of that. I thought the biggest challenge for me would be to be here all alone and doing the nighttime routine (baths, books, homework sometimes, bed) all by myself but that has gone very smoothly! The biggest challenge for me is that when John is working, I never have him to myself. Usually when he would get off at 7 pm, he would have about an hour and half with the kids and then they would go to bed, then Him and I would have about 2 hours to talk, watch TV and just relax together before we would go to bed. Now he wakes up about 3 pm and leaves again at 6:30. The kids want ALL his attention so we don't get that alone time. I miss him!

My grandparents have been in the hospital. My grandmother was in for four days last week and now Granddad went in for four days this week! They are both at home now and resting.

Emily had her big Boosterthon Fun Run today at school. They ran around a track that is 1/16th of a mile. She was so excited and it was a big fun day at school. She ran around 31 times! John went to cheer her on while I took Molly to a doctor's appt.

Molly had her one month appt today with Dr. Elzie. John and I had been taking bets on how much she weighed. We were waaaayyy off!!!! She weighed 9 lbs. and 10 oz! She is a chunky monkey! She has been having green poop which the lactation consultants blamed on me having overactive letdown...My mom and I have decided that I have "overactive" everything when it comes to pregnancy and birth!!!! Dr. elzie didn't seem to care. She is a healthy girl!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it through John's 6 day work cycle! Sorry I couldn't be more help :( Maybe the next 6 day run!! Gosh, I was thinking Molly was 2 mos. Oh my word!! So much for giving you Ellie's clothes. Can we have Molly's???? Just kidding - hee, hee!! What a blessing to not have to worry about weight :)

    ReplyDelete