My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Monday, April 6, 2009

My rude awakening

Well my rude awakening came at 6:45 this morning. John is officially off of paternity leave, started his night shifts over the weekend. Spring break is over and kids are back to school today. John has been amazing the past two weeks. As well as trying to finish home improvements, he has made us breakfast every morning, waited on me and the kids, done chores, bathed kiddos, etc. It has been soooooo nice having him home and well I will so miss him now, especially at night, now that he is back to the grind. We are very thankful for his job though. In just two more days he will have six days off again! Anyways, John also had a staff meeting today after he got off at 7 am. He now has to go to staff meetings since he is considered command staff. So I was in charge of getting up, waking everyone else up, fixing lunches, breakfast, getting everyone ready for school, teeth brushed, shoes on and all in the car by 8 am to drop Emily off. It surprised me a little b/c I actually forgot that John had a staff meeting, so I was kind of expecting him to be here to either drop Emily off or stay with the other kids. But we did it and all four of us were in the van at the right time with matching clothes and clean breath and lunches. After taking Emily, Molly was asleep so I actually even got a shower and put some lip gloss on to take J.D. to school. Molly pretty much slept through the whole morning b/c she didn't sleep good last night but I guess that worked out for my advantage today. We then took J.D. to school. He was so excited that Molly was going to "help" get him to school. He got to show her off a little and I got to hear all the oohs and ahhs. After getting J.D. settled, we went to starbucks to get mommy a little pick me up and then came home. By this time Molly was ready to eat and I actually sat in the chair in the quiet and did my quiet time while nursing her. It was a good morning and I know I can do it again. Sure does make me appreciate my hubby even more though!

No comments:

Post a Comment