My Favorite Four Plus One!

My heart belongs to these beautiful people~

Sunday, July 19, 2009

another crazy night

First let me start off with saying that I hate changing the sheets on the crib and the bunk beds..it is just a pain! I changed all the sheets yesterday..crib and bunk beds. During one of Molly's naps yesterday, she pooped and it was a blow out and it got all over freshly made up sheets. So the crib was changed for a second time! Last night was John's night four of six nights working. His six days on are really tough on all of us. It just feels like forever! I was also oncall for the second night in a row. I do not usually take call all night but I do sometimes fill in for the night nurses when they are on vacation. So at 8:00 I went oncall and got several calls right off. While talking to patients I put everyone to bed. It seemed as though the night was going as it was suppose to. Then Emily walks in and says her belly hurts which sometimes means "I miss Daddy" or "I am worried about something". I gave her a bucket just in case. Next thing I know J.D. is running in and I hear retching from her room. She is vomiting! She is my most awesome vomiter..in that she can hit the bucket every time and can pretty much do it herself. We get the bucket washed out and her cleaned up and back to bed it is. Called more patients. Emily vomits again. Cleaned Emily and bucket up again. Back to bed. Quiet for one hour. I thought everyone was finally asleep. Then I hear a strange muffled coughing like noise. I go in the big kids' room and Emily is laying face down on her bed but is vomiting ALL OVER her sheets, her pajamas, her pillow, etc. My most awesome vomiter wasn't so awesome anymore! So it was everywhere. I think I about cried. She was half asleep and I had to have her just strip down in the bed so I could get her in the shower. There goes my next freshly made bed! While Emily was in the shower, I talked to more patients, stripped her bed, and made her a bed on the couch. I put Emily to sleep on the couch. by this time it was around 11:30pm. Molly wakes up and is stuffed up so she isn't wanting to go right back to sleep. I get her out of her bed and nurse her but she is now wide awake and playful. Another patient calls and this one is a train wreck. I have to call the oncall doctor for this patient. We just never have to call the oncall doctor. I think it has been six months since I had to call the oncall doc. So now I am holding Molly and talking to the doctor about his patient. I call John at this point and the first thing he says after I tell him everything is "man your blog is going to be great tomorrow!" All I needed was for J.D. to pee in his bed and I would have made three beds six times in one day. Finally after finishing up with the patient and rocking Molly she falls asleep enough for me to put her down. I think I finally laid down at 1:30am. Emily slept the rest of the night. I had one more call in the middle of the night and Molly woke up one more time. What a crazy night. It was almost comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment